November 14, 2012

Happy Diwali :)



Today I'm missing my family all over the world, a lot. Diwali is a festival that should be spent with people you love and care about..basically your family. Mom and I were going to through the Kashmir,Bombay and UK album and damn i missed all my amazing cousins so so much. With family around, I actually felt alive and I felt like I had a place to belong. I was not a nomad, I was not a foreigner and nor was I a stranger..I was someone who belonged. For once in my life, I felt right.

For the first time in a long time, I felt happy and that happiness has helped sustain the strength I came back with to overcome everything.

" Never lose, Never fear..Overcome all and persevere. :) "

That above is my new motto.

This particularly is one of my faves because everyone is looking at different camera's and it ended up being candid. It caught the happiness we all were feeling just being together. Man it was amazing, it was euphoric. Of course there are ups and downs but who cares when the ups are far better than the downs. I mean we all have to be thankful for the good things in life :)

"Count your blessings :) "

Another motto I am currently following. I mean yes we all get let down sometimes but at the end of the day, every hit makes you a stronger person. No matter what, you get strong..you learn to fight and win and eventually you find yourself. You find purpose and you find a reason to carry on.



This picture has all the people who made this trip more enjoyable than ever. Cousins i met after a long time and cousins I met for the first time and automatically clicked. Everything was perfect, just the way I liked it.


By now you've probably noticed, my family loves to camwhore...There were more than 1500 pics from 3 different camera's and man each pic was unique in its own way. Look at all those smiles. To die for.

Now the only thing I would have made different would be that I wish they lived closer, not all over the globe. But then again, may be the distance is what makes us so close. The distance is what makes every moment we hang out or spend together so special.

Distance can be a good thing, in this case.

Thank you for everything God and I have to say, I didn't see the bigger picture before. But now my eyes are open and I see everything :)

Happy Diwali to everyone and may you and your families be blessed with lots of love, happiness and good health. May you all have those same special moments I had during my holiday with your families and cherish them.

Remember there is always a silver lining around every dark cloud :)

No comments: