"Tonight the music seems so loud
I wish that we could lose this crowd
Maybe it's better this way
We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say
We could have been so good together
We could have lived this dance forever
But now, who's gonna dance with me?
Please stay"
Its been tiring, studying and only studying. I've been so stressed..I could really do with a nice tight hug and someone who tells me that everything is gonna go alright. sigh.
I've been listening to Careless whispers, by george michael. It seems to be one of those songs that touches my heart. The words above are from the song and those two verses are my favourite.
How i feel when I listen to this song? Here's the scenario.
I'm dressed in a black, body fitting bare back dress. Devil red lips, with red heels to match them. I slowly wall into a dim lit restaurant bar where this song is being sung by a live band. I slowly walk over to a table which is in the middle and faces the dance floor. The dance floor has a few couples slow dancing.
"would you like to order maam?", the waiter asks.
"One coke with ice please and thanks you.", I replied.
I took a quick glance around while waiting for my drink. Observing the different people in the crowd.
On a table nearby on my left there was an old couple. Probably in their 60's. They were laughing and talking about the days when they were young. The old man then slowly moved his hand onto the woman's hand and caressed it. The look in his eyes, was beautiful. From it I could tell, he felt like the happiest man alive to be with this woman..he loved her with all his heart. The woman on the other hand smiled, got a little shy and then giggled a little. She gave him a smile that showed she knew she had made the best decision in marrying him and that he gave her such a wonderful life, wonderful kids and may be even adorable grandchildren. Their aura was warm, their love felt pure and real. They gleamed of happiness and love. Such a beautiful sight.
"Maam, you're drink is here. would you like anything else?", asked the waiter with a smile.
"No thank you," I replied.
On the other hand, there was a table on my right where a couple didn't seem so happy. They must have been in their 30's and they seemed to be having a very heated argument. The woman had her arms crossed and refused to even look at the man..but the man was trying to explain something to he and reached out to hold her hand. She didn't let him, infact she pointed at him and told him something in a very stern manner, got up and walked off. He just shook his head and I thought he was going to get up and run behind her to get her back...He picks up his phone and makes a quick call. Then all of a sudden a different girl in a short mini skirt and a tube top walks in and sits at the place where the previous girl was. The way he looked at this girl, was different..He had hunger in his smile and in his eyes.
On another table behind me, Is a guy in his 20's sitting all alone having a glass of whiskey looking around. His eyes catch mine and he smiles. I on the other hand am really not interested so I turn away. Poor man, he looked nice but little did he know my heart was already broken and I've decided to not get into anymore heart troubles.
As the song continues to play, I get in the mood to dance. Sadly, since I was all alone..I didn't see the point of even going up on the dance-floor. I was swaying a little and then suddenly
" Hey, I'm Sebastian. You wanna dance?", he said in a charming voice. This was the same guy who was sitting behind me and the same one who smiled at me.
" Nah, its alright. I'm not really in a good mood. But thank you for asking though.", I replied shyly. He wasn't too bad looking. He was smartly dressed, neat and pretty much a gentlemen. I felt bad for saying no but my heart just wasn't there. Didn't wanna give him false hope.
" Ah, alright. Its too bad then. I'm off. If you wanna hangout sometimes..give me a call?", he replied. And left his card and gave me a nice warm smile.
Such a sweet guy I thought. Wasn't annoying and didn't irritate me. Just left giving me his number and NOT asking for mine.
The dance floor got crowded and suddenly the song ended...BUT the old couple earlier asked for the same song..Careless whispers. So the band played it again. So lovely seeing all these wonderful couples dancing about. Being merry and in love. Literally, this time Love was in the air. It was so strong that I felt it.
Suddenly as I looked through the crowd I noticed a person, some one familiar. He was dark, tall and well built. I thought to myself..it can't be him. So i turned away.
I decided to take another glance, and I saw him walking towards me. Yes I was right, that was the familiar face..the same one I didn't wanna see, didn't wanna hear from and he was actually walking towards me. Damn, may be I should have taken that guys offer to dance earlier. Then this wouldn't have happened.
" Hey, surprised to see you here. Normally, you're always studying.", he said with this cheeky grin.
" Yeah well, felt like getting some fresh air and this place had a live band. So decided to come here. What brought you here?". I asked, in an awkward way.
" Some of my friends are here, came out for a drink..you know the usual.", he replied giving me this pursed lip awkward smile.
" Oh I hope you're having a good time, I think I'm leaving now. see you around I guess.", I said quickly and got up to leave.
" Wait, you seem to like this song, saw you swaying and lip syncing it earlier from there. You wanna dance?", he asked.
" Nah its alright. I gotta go." I said and I turned around.
He grabbed my arm, gently to stop me and then let me go. Wow it had been so long since i last felt his touch.
"Please, just one dance. Its been so long." he said and smiled.
"Oh alright, just one dance.", I said in the most nervous way I could. My heart was pounding and I felt as if I was going to get a cardiac arrest at this moment.
As he put his hand around my waist and I put my hand around his neck and I could feel his stubble on my cheek and his breath near my neck..I wanted to die, why did I agree?
I suddenly felt euphoric as if I was being sucked into a black hole. The last thing I heard was...
" So I'm never gonna dance again, The way I danced with you..."
"would you like to order maam?", the waiter asks.
"One coke with ice please and thanks you.", I replied.
I took a quick glance around while waiting for my drink. Observing the different people in the crowd.
On a table nearby on my left there was an old couple. Probably in their 60's. They were laughing and talking about the days when they were young. The old man then slowly moved his hand onto the woman's hand and caressed it. The look in his eyes, was beautiful. From it I could tell, he felt like the happiest man alive to be with this woman..he loved her with all his heart. The woman on the other hand smiled, got a little shy and then giggled a little. She gave him a smile that showed she knew she had made the best decision in marrying him and that he gave her such a wonderful life, wonderful kids and may be even adorable grandchildren. Their aura was warm, their love felt pure and real. They gleamed of happiness and love. Such a beautiful sight.
"Maam, you're drink is here. would you like anything else?", asked the waiter with a smile.
"No thank you," I replied.
On the other hand, there was a table on my right where a couple didn't seem so happy. They must have been in their 30's and they seemed to be having a very heated argument. The woman had her arms crossed and refused to even look at the man..but the man was trying to explain something to he and reached out to hold her hand. She didn't let him, infact she pointed at him and told him something in a very stern manner, got up and walked off. He just shook his head and I thought he was going to get up and run behind her to get her back...He picks up his phone and makes a quick call. Then all of a sudden a different girl in a short mini skirt and a tube top walks in and sits at the place where the previous girl was. The way he looked at this girl, was different..He had hunger in his smile and in his eyes.
On another table behind me, Is a guy in his 20's sitting all alone having a glass of whiskey looking around. His eyes catch mine and he smiles. I on the other hand am really not interested so I turn away. Poor man, he looked nice but little did he know my heart was already broken and I've decided to not get into anymore heart troubles.
As the song continues to play, I get in the mood to dance. Sadly, since I was all alone..I didn't see the point of even going up on the dance-floor. I was swaying a little and then suddenly
" Hey, I'm Sebastian. You wanna dance?", he said in a charming voice. This was the same guy who was sitting behind me and the same one who smiled at me.
" Nah, its alright. I'm not really in a good mood. But thank you for asking though.", I replied shyly. He wasn't too bad looking. He was smartly dressed, neat and pretty much a gentlemen. I felt bad for saying no but my heart just wasn't there. Didn't wanna give him false hope.
" Ah, alright. Its too bad then. I'm off. If you wanna hangout sometimes..give me a call?", he replied. And left his card and gave me a nice warm smile.
Such a sweet guy I thought. Wasn't annoying and didn't irritate me. Just left giving me his number and NOT asking for mine.
The dance floor got crowded and suddenly the song ended...BUT the old couple earlier asked for the same song..Careless whispers. So the band played it again. So lovely seeing all these wonderful couples dancing about. Being merry and in love. Literally, this time Love was in the air. It was so strong that I felt it.
Suddenly as I looked through the crowd I noticed a person, some one familiar. He was dark, tall and well built. I thought to myself..it can't be him. So i turned away.
I decided to take another glance, and I saw him walking towards me. Yes I was right, that was the familiar face..the same one I didn't wanna see, didn't wanna hear from and he was actually walking towards me. Damn, may be I should have taken that guys offer to dance earlier. Then this wouldn't have happened.
" Hey, surprised to see you here. Normally, you're always studying.", he said with this cheeky grin.
" Yeah well, felt like getting some fresh air and this place had a live band. So decided to come here. What brought you here?". I asked, in an awkward way.
" Some of my friends are here, came out for a drink..you know the usual.", he replied giving me this pursed lip awkward smile.
" Oh I hope you're having a good time, I think I'm leaving now. see you around I guess.", I said quickly and got up to leave.
" Wait, you seem to like this song, saw you swaying and lip syncing it earlier from there. You wanna dance?", he asked.
" Nah its alright. I gotta go." I said and I turned around.
He grabbed my arm, gently to stop me and then let me go. Wow it had been so long since i last felt his touch.
"Please, just one dance. Its been so long." he said and smiled.
"Oh alright, just one dance.", I said in the most nervous way I could. My heart was pounding and I felt as if I was going to get a cardiac arrest at this moment.
As he put his hand around my waist and I put my hand around his neck and I could feel his stubble on my cheek and his breath near my neck..I wanted to die, why did I agree?
I suddenly felt euphoric as if I was being sucked into a black hole. The last thing I heard was...
" So I'm never gonna dance again, The way I danced with you..."

2 comments:
http://www.finerminds.com/love-relationships/energetic-cords-and-move-on/
Might help.
http://www.finerminds.com/love-relationships/energetic-cords-and-move-on/
Might help.
Post a Comment