(This picture is not drawn by me but was taken from Pinterest)
So far, I've not had any guy write me a poem, but Ive had a hate rap written about me...my reaction to that? As a wise man once said hate and love are two sides of the same coin. Sometimes you hate someone because you love them and sometimes those you love make you hate them. So I would take the hate rap as a compliment, only cuz I'm a rockstar like that.
Why I'm talking about poetry is because when I was going to UK last year before my uncle passed, I was so upset, distraught and alone. And travelling alone really didn't help. I wanted to cry and wail throughout. I did for the first flight, because I was so scared to what I would see when I get to UK. But I had a transition at Dubai for 8hours. And at that lonely time, poetry was something that I had to keep me company and I wrote a poem which elevated that loneliness and I was comfortable and I had accepted the truth that sometimes no matter how much you love a person, it's not enough and you don't always end up with them. The point of that is to learn from the experience and be thankful that you actually experienced such a wonderful feeling like love because many people in a life time do not experience true love. Anyways fact of life, nothing lasts forever...not even life itself. So I wrote this on the 27/11/2013 at Dubai airport. I personally feel it's one of my fave pieces because a whole story is told and it elevated me from feeling the way I did before writing this. I call it,
"Yin-Yang"
Once there lived,
A lonely heartbroken man,
He had many hidden fears and worries,
From which he ran.
He pent up all his rage,
Within his soul,
Forever caged,
He kept his happiness and love.
He longed for the one,
Who would lift his weight,
And free him from,
His wicked fate.
One fine day,
As he observed,
He lay his eyes,
Upon this girl
She had a light,
In her eyes,
She had the key,
To lock the demons inside.
Her soul was pure,
She had no fear,
She was the cure,
She was finally here.
Her smile could erase,
All that pain,
Her love could cast,
The dark shadows away.
He built up his courage,
To tell her his fate,
She told him to hold on,
Because it still wasn't too late.
You will save yourself,
She said,
She gave him her light,
Without a doubt ahead.
They were happy together for sometime,
In their safe love haven,
Then came the darkness,
Bringing a bad omen,the deadly raven.
His fate caught him by surprise,
His darkness was free,
His soul was tortured from deep inside,
And this was clearly seen.
She cried tears of blood,
She mourned her loss,
While he didn't care about her anymore,
His love was lost.
She kept fighting,
To help save his soul,
But the shadows of the valley of death,
Had swallowed him whole.
He wasn't the man she once knew,
He hurt others and enjoyed seeing them in agony,
He abused and used,
She had lost the battle far too soon.
Their paths parted,
Where once they were the same,
He became cold-hearted,
While she gave up on the game.
She hasn't heard from him since,
She hopes he's happy,
Wherever he lives,
Or with whomever he's with.
Her soul was left tainted,
With all that pain,
She held on hard,
To not lose herself or go insane.
She had the power,
To destroy the world,
She had the magic,
To rule this earth.
But she knew,
What her purpose was,
She knew she had to hold on,
No matter what.
She built her strength,
With all her might,
She built her walls,
With diamonds & binded them with light.
There was no space,
For any more mistakes,
She could not bear,
Anymore darkness or hate.
Now she sits,
Like a queen on her throne,
Her soul has healed,
And once again her eyes shone.
She was now ready,
To take on this vicious world,
To eradicate the demons,
Feeding on innocent souls.
Never will she love again,
The way she did,
Never will she give her light,
So carelessly with such free will.
She has forgiven,
But can never forget,
She will not repeat history,
nor regret.

No comments:
Post a Comment