December 30, 2012

All I want for Christmas is a kiss under the mistletoe :)


Its Christmas today :) Love the festive season and its actually my favourite holiday. Reason being the colours, the decoration and the happiness it gives children and adults is amazing. :)

Mom made steam fish for lunch which turned out scrumptious but dinner is even better, she made kashmiri lamb called Khadai Gosh :) OMG its so damn good, i hate a taste of it secretly and had to be pulled away from the kitchen before i finished it ALL.

Well everyone is talking about what they want for Christmas and their wish today. All i wished from Santa was a kiss under the mistletoe, too bad there aren't any mistletoe's around and no hot men around either. So i didn't get my wish. But I also wish all the happiness in the world for everyone and may you have a wonderful time with your family and friends. Enjoy this festive season :)



Today I watched good sappy Christmas movies and felt all warm on the inside. I ate cookies and drank milk like a child while watching some Christmas specials :) I felt like a child again and damn it felt good. To let go of all that burden, even if just for a day!

When I think of Christmas, I think of families dressed in typical woven sweaters with a reindeer or santa's face all talking and having wine together. Laughing and crying and enjoying the lovely moment together. Family, the most important thing to have during such a lovely festival. Something I lack is Family but I'm not sad as I still have my mother the only person I need to survive. But it was nice being home and enjoying some time here, at least the good time while it lasts.




( me desperately trying to so Priyanka's fave pose, and epic fail. 4 years and still trying! )


I also think of A fat bellied man, wearing a red suit with a sleigh full of reindeer's waiting on the roof for him as he drops the presents under the tree. Yes its Santa. I know I'm like 22 but some ideas are nice to have and its about what makes you happy on such a nice day. I know Santa is a story of the past but it makes many children happy around the day and thats all that matters.




I think of TURKEY. I remember when I was in the UK turkey with gravy was YUMMY!! But the key to making Turkey is not to make it too dry! haha. And ofcourse Christmas carols, door to door. It is very common in the UK and I absolutely love listening to good voices. It gives your soul some peace :)



There are a million other things I think of on Christmas day and on Christmas eve like stockings, the star at the top the christmas tree, friends, parties and ofcourse SNOW! :)
But the one thing that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling on the inside, makes my stomach feel as if there are butterflies in it and completes the whole Christmas image is the KISS UNDER THE MISTLETOE.



When I was younger, about three years old I remember going to my uncles friend's party in the UK and how there were these mistletoe's hanging up. At that time I thought, why are they hanging weird flowers on top. I then realised whenever people stood below it especially a man and a woman, they would smile and look at each other and then give each other a kiss under that weird flower. That look in their eyes and that smile is something I could never forget. As I grew older I realised that it called a mistletoe and its significance in christmas.



So my wish this year was to have that kinda look and that kinda smile that I remember and a wonderful kiss under the mistletoe. Sadly, it didn't happen because firstly its malaysia people don't hang mistletoes and secondly I'm pretty much single and there isn't anyone in mind who would bring out that kinda feeling in me. So I came to conclusion that there is ALWAYS next year! :)

I am gonna make sure, I get my kiss under the mistletoe in the next 5 years! haha

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year my lovely people.

Live and let live!


                           





No comments: