( A picture of a rose I took in a Garden of a restaurant in Kashmir )
I realised I haven't blogged in AGES. Miss it in a way but I've got so much to do that I haven't had the time. I'm currently on holiday :) Was in Mumbai at first but now I'm in Kashmir and I have to say it feels great.
You must be wondering why, Kashmir is a dangerous place, blah blah blah.
Yes I have to admit, it has army officers every 200metres 7 years ago, we couldn't go out in the night especially late night 7 years ago, there weren't any malls 7 years ago and I could hear bombs as well as feel the vibration in the ground 7 years ago...
BUT NOW there are hardly ANY army officers around, Terrorism is apprently almost gone, I see tourist from different places everywhere, there are these small malls around in different areas, there are traffic lights with those timer things, THERE IS EVEN BROADBAND INTERNET :) I cannot be happier :) So much has changed and its safe to go out at night.
The weird things about Srinagar, Kashmir is that at 3am I can hear drums being beaten loudly. WHy? Since its Ramadan a.k.a fasting month, its a wake up call to all Muslims to get up, pray and eat BEFORE 5am. Something different cuz that doesn't happen in Malaysia. And there are alot more prayers that are put on loud speaker and they last twice or thrice as long as the ones we hear in Malaysia.
I haven't been out much, cuz we've had so many relatives come over and stuff. Today was the first time we went to Dal Lake, which is a famous lake in Kashmir, it has an amazing view and you can take lil shikara( wooden boat) rides in the lake. There are also house boats in which we can stay in. We didn't go for the ride today but we'll go once Rohan and Nimer come down from UK which is tomorrow :)
( this is a pic I took of part of the area around Dal Lake)
The weather here is amazing, its a little hot (not as hot as Malaysia or Mumbai) in the day but it rains in the late afternoon and after that its chilly. I would say 23 degrees and it feels so nice. The breeze and the fresh air in the evening is amazing. I wish weather was like this is Malaysia!!!
Then Rubina didi, who now has two cute kids are always occupying my time :) Laiqa is a 5 year old who talks NON-STOP. And she has this high pitched, squeaky voice and she asks me 1001 questions. She's too intelligent and she talks like an old grandmother :)
Then there is Mer :) A cute 1 and a half year old boy, who doesn't talk but makes cute sounds and says only 2 things..amamamama ( mama) and apapapapa (papa) and RECENTLY he says MY NAME :) not exactly but he pronounced it cha-ni and he said it twice. I was so happy. He has the cutest smile :) and he is such a sweetheart.
( This is Laiqa above :) )
( And this is Mher (pronounced Mere) )
Then there is Bupi mama, Who is like a father I never had. We talk bout his life when he was young and a bachelor and well I'm 95% of the time with him. He was diagnosed with Motor neuron disease 2 years ago and he is the most positive and the most Amazing man I know til today. He has the biggest heart ever. I am not only inspired by him but I hope to be half as good as him in the future. He is a wonderful father, a wonderful husband, an excellent urologist and a wonderful brother to his siblings. No one can ever be like him. Not in a million years.
( cool dude bupi mama :) )
Tomorrow Rohan and Nimer are coming :) its gonna be even more fun then.
I gotta go now, Have to help Bupi mama change cuz his arms don't work anymore after Motor Neuron disease. He is racing against time to survive and I'm just so sad but I can't show him that. He wants only motivation and I will give him that :)
I realised I haven't blogged in AGES. Miss it in a way but I've got so much to do that I haven't had the time. I'm currently on holiday :) Was in Mumbai at first but now I'm in Kashmir and I have to say it feels great.
You must be wondering why, Kashmir is a dangerous place, blah blah blah.
Yes I have to admit, it has army officers every 200metres 7 years ago, we couldn't go out in the night especially late night 7 years ago, there weren't any malls 7 years ago and I could hear bombs as well as feel the vibration in the ground 7 years ago...
BUT NOW there are hardly ANY army officers around, Terrorism is apprently almost gone, I see tourist from different places everywhere, there are these small malls around in different areas, there are traffic lights with those timer things, THERE IS EVEN BROADBAND INTERNET :) I cannot be happier :) So much has changed and its safe to go out at night.
The weird things about Srinagar, Kashmir is that at 3am I can hear drums being beaten loudly. WHy? Since its Ramadan a.k.a fasting month, its a wake up call to all Muslims to get up, pray and eat BEFORE 5am. Something different cuz that doesn't happen in Malaysia. And there are alot more prayers that are put on loud speaker and they last twice or thrice as long as the ones we hear in Malaysia.
I haven't been out much, cuz we've had so many relatives come over and stuff. Today was the first time we went to Dal Lake, which is a famous lake in Kashmir, it has an amazing view and you can take lil shikara( wooden boat) rides in the lake. There are also house boats in which we can stay in. We didn't go for the ride today but we'll go once Rohan and Nimer come down from UK which is tomorrow :)
( this is a pic I took of part of the area around Dal Lake)
The weather here is amazing, its a little hot (not as hot as Malaysia or Mumbai) in the day but it rains in the late afternoon and after that its chilly. I would say 23 degrees and it feels so nice. The breeze and the fresh air in the evening is amazing. I wish weather was like this is Malaysia!!!
Then Rubina didi, who now has two cute kids are always occupying my time :) Laiqa is a 5 year old who talks NON-STOP. And she has this high pitched, squeaky voice and she asks me 1001 questions. She's too intelligent and she talks like an old grandmother :)
Then there is Mer :) A cute 1 and a half year old boy, who doesn't talk but makes cute sounds and says only 2 things..amamamama ( mama) and apapapapa (papa) and RECENTLY he says MY NAME :) not exactly but he pronounced it cha-ni and he said it twice. I was so happy. He has the cutest smile :) and he is such a sweetheart.
( This is Laiqa above :) )
( And this is Mher (pronounced Mere) )
Then there is Bupi mama, Who is like a father I never had. We talk bout his life when he was young and a bachelor and well I'm 95% of the time with him. He was diagnosed with Motor neuron disease 2 years ago and he is the most positive and the most Amazing man I know til today. He has the biggest heart ever. I am not only inspired by him but I hope to be half as good as him in the future. He is a wonderful father, a wonderful husband, an excellent urologist and a wonderful brother to his siblings. No one can ever be like him. Not in a million years.
( cool dude bupi mama :) )
Tomorrow Rohan and Nimer are coming :) its gonna be even more fun then.
I gotta go now, Have to help Bupi mama change cuz his arms don't work anymore after Motor Neuron disease. He is racing against time to survive and I'm just so sad but I can't show him that. He wants only motivation and I will give him that :)





No comments:
Post a Comment