September 5, 2011

Once of my all time favourite quotes :)



"You suppose you are the trouble

But you are the cure

You suppose that you are the lock on the door

But you are the key that opens it

It's too bad that you want to be someone else


You don't see your own face, your own beauty

Yet, no face is more beautiful than yours."
---Jalal-Uddin Rumi



The words above describe one of the biggest lessons that we all have to learn in life, and that is to love ourselves, stop doubting and be who we are no matter what. Rumi and his philosophies have recently become one of my favourites after Kahlil Gibran ofcourse.


Don't look down on yourself as hard as it is to be positive, but trying to be the best or perfect is never going to happen because I believe that there is no such thing. I have days when i feel stupid, ugly, fat and a burden to the world...but I have to fight that feeling no matter how hard life gets for me. I mean who knows I might have some big significance in this world or at least in someone's life which i haven't figured out yet. That is what  I interpret from the first two lines of this poem. Even though I feel I am the trouble, but in the end I might turn out to be the cure. I just hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This part taught me not to be too hard on myself and always thinking I am the bad thing.


Rumi put a very important message in a few amazing sentences. " You suppose you are the lock on the door, but you are the key that opens it," 


Sometimes, you may not believe you are what you are and continue to live in denial. Its not easy to come out of denial but once you do the world seems much clearer. I myself sometimes get into it, but i pull myself out as much as i can...because as much as i might want to believe something, it could be completely something else. To me thats what it means when he says you are the key that opens it. I hope that I am the key to something good in the future, I hope I'm worth keeping. I hope I am the path to many new beginnings. 


"It is too bad that you want to be someone else", he says. Its true I can bet everyone in this world once wished they were someone else. Heck today I wished i could be Beyonce cause she's got a gorgeous body and a pretty face and is absolutely talented. I might not have a pretty face or a hot body but I gotta accept who I am in the end of the day. Its not about my external beauty its about the internal. Last week I wished I was Bob Marley, hence the last post was on him. Why you may wonder? Well maybe because he seemed to be at peace with himself and with life. He did what he pleased and lived life, something i don't do as often. I'm a slave to the world sometimes, misused..mistreated and misunderstood. Another time I wanted to be Heidi Klum cause well she's a great mother, Has a great husband, is a gorgeous person inside and out and she's rich and smart. Of course when a financial issue comes I wish I was rich like her with my own business and show..earning millions,basically having everything. I even wish I was like my friends Joanne and Zhen Ru for many wonderful reasons. But I came to a realisation that I CANT BE ANYONE ELSE...CUZ I'M ME. I AM WHO I AM and I CAN NEVER CHANGE THAT. I am glad to be who I am cuz if i wasn't then someone else would have to go through what I go through and may be that person wouldn't be strong enough. I've been challenged to the extent that the supreme being knows I can take, if not I wouldn't be writing this right now :)


Instead of being so upset about everything, or wishing i could look a certain way or be a certain way.. I just have to learn to love myself. Everyday its a challenge but I know I am improving. A good start is this blog post.


"you don't see your own face, your own beauty..yet no face is more beautiful than yours."


My favourite part of the whole verse. It it true many people in this world do not see who they really are and how beautiful they are on the inside and outside. Because we are too busy thinking about what we DONT HAVE. But then the rest of the world or the people who know you just keep telling you how beautiful you are but many people don't take it seriously because they just want to live in their world trying to be someone else and envying others. Every person on this planet is beautiful in their own way. The difference is that in some people it is obvious while in others it takes time to see. We are all humans and we can't read people properly all the time. In my case, yes I have low confidence regarding my body, my face and even my hair sometimes. Then there is my personality which I am confident about but i always wonder if people see me as I am. I can never pretend or be fake because its just not in my nature. Ask my friends or my family then you might get what i mean. I don't believe I make a difference but people around me have always assured me that I am special though they can't " put a finger on it" to why they feel so. May be time will tell. But for now I've decided I'll work my way to being a happier person by loving myself.


I've started loving myself for my flaws as well as my beauty both inside and outside. I have to admit its an everyday battle and its NOT easy. To go into depression mode is easier and of course what people say can get to you even as a joke..but I've decided I'm going to not let the Black cloud hover me cuz I'm going to push it away.


To all men and women who actually read my blog ( only a few people i presume) I just want to say, we can never be perfect though we presume others are and we stereotype beauty. If we stop giving attention to others and give some to ourselves you will see how beautiful you are in all ways possible. Please fight the urge to get into depression and don't do things that you will regret in the future. Life was never meant to be easy and if you weren't worth it you wouldn't have been given the chance to be on this blessed earth in the first place. Accept your flaws and work on them and see the beauty you have. Listen to people around you the ones who care and see yourselves through their eyes. They are a part of your life for a reason you know. Just be yourself and don't wish to be someone else...cuz you probably don't know it but there are many out there who wish they were YOU.


Remember no face is more beautiful than yours. 

No comments: